Monday, March 26, 2007

Invisalign: Tray 2

March 26...

Dr. Eric shaved between by two front (upper left & right central) and between my upper left central and upper left lateral today. The drilling wasn't so bad, I imagined a Dremel tool with a radial cut off wheel that skimmed between the teeth like a tossed rock skipping across water; next time I'll have to actually review his tool tray. It was when it took tiny sandpaper between my teeth and smoothed them as I do when polishing my woodworking projects that sent me giggling.

However, once that project was finished (seems like merely a minute for both teeth), he asked me to insert the new trays. "Holy Mother Mary of..." my upper teeth convulsed in spasmotic bitterness as I quickly tried to removed the implements of self-inflicting pain. For some reason, my dentist/ortho found this as a personal pre-lunch entertainment; think I'll call him Attila.

Now mind you, to conceal my interpersonal anguish like I'm fighting the yellow humor, I do my best to spew salty jokes whilst I pain. Dr. Eric felt I was the most animated respondent to the graduating trays and I retorted that vanity is pain and I wanted to quit this non-sense; he declined my invitation.

While I took 2 Advil before my visit ("To tolerate the torture." Dr. Eric replied), I will be revisiting my friend, Orajel. I-am-not looking forward to removing the trays tonight to brush my teeth. Oh crap, I just remembered, I "have" to remove my trays -I've got the end-of-the-day Flouride treatment to perform.

I'm gonna cry.

No comments: