Friday, March 16, 2007

Invisalign: Tray 1, Week 1

March 16...

It's now Friday and the wave of insanity has now disappated. This is what I know about the first week of acclimation with Invisalign:
  1. Never get your Invisalign installed while you're PMS'ing;
  2. Give yourself at least 3 days before devising the strategy for offsetting the out-of-pocket money that you feel you owe your spouse because you 'just-can't-take-it-anymore!';
  3. Buy yourself a tube of tooth ache pain reliever (I bought Orajel) immediately to numb any initial pain that occurs when inserting or removing your trays;
  4. Keep the Dremel tool (or a nail file for short term) handy so that you can sand down the sharp parts that continue to cut the under side of your tongue;
  5. If you don't have the pain reliever (and after brushing your teeth), detour the icy cold rinse water onto your teeth to numb the gums and run the trays under the icy cold water before inserting them to help alleviate any initial pain that occurs when re-establishing the trays in their upright and locked position.
  6. If you work from home, sleep-in as much as possible. Kick the cats out so that they don't attenuate or otherwise beat the dreamy state that you covet.
  7. When you do finally get up, begin drinking heavily (and I'm not talking coffee) at breakfast and don't stop until you go to bed. Make sure you greet your SO (in my case, Andrew) with two clean wine glasses and a freshly corked bottle when s/he returns home -this will make her/him think you haven't had a drop since the night before.
It's now Friday Night and I and the Invisalign have become assimilated. I'm a much happier person than I was 4 days ago -the wine doesn't hurt either.

2 comments:

sare said...

Currently on Tray 1 Day 4.

Helpfull and hilarious tips :D
Thanks!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the funny but definitely helpful tips! For years now, I have not been very happy with my crooked teeth. So I've been searching for a less painful treatment for this. And after several consultations and x-rays, both dentists in Collierville have suggested Invisalign to correct my teeth. To be honest, I'm really excited about this because I've heard many good feedback from Invisalign users. Next week, I'm scheduled again for another appointment with two dentists. Collierville's dental practitioners are simply the best for me!